Thursday, October 16, 2008

Project!

First off, I'm almost done with the dress. I swear I'm going to finish it this weekend so that I can start on my next project. All I need to do is finish attaching the sleeves and finish the hem.




For my next act, da da daaaaaa.....




a salwar kameez, or basically a tunic and pants. Probably not going to look like this, I ripped this from the internet, but you get the gist. This outfit is for my friend Mariam's wedding. Haven't decided whether I plan to wear this to the wedding or to the henna ceremony, but it will be worn, oh yes, it will be worn. The one problem I have had has been finding fabric... Joann's carries sari fabric, but not a very wide selection. I've asked around, and I'm thinking I may need to take a trip to the East Bay.


OK, so I've been tagged in Yarned Forces blog, so its my turn at this Meme.


The rules:- Link to the person who tagged you- Mention the rules- Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular or random details about yourself- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them- Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged.


1. I have a cat named Bella, who likes to rub people's armpits with her head. This is a recent finding. I caught her molesting Cameron's armpit one night last week.


2. Once, for my birthday, one of my friends gave me Pokemon stuff. By stuff I mean stationary, pens, etc. And by gave I mean she thought I was really going to like it, and you know, it was a nice thought, but I was really confused by it. To this day, I still have not made the connection as to why she thought I liked Pokemon...other than that I used to have the game for my Gameboy (remember those?)


3. I have an unhealthy obsession with purchasing DVDs. Combined our collection is close to 300, and growing. In fact, I just bought two this morning on Amazon. Hey, at least I qualified for the Free Super Saver Shipping.


4. My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten the shit out of it everyday because I could never accept that I was born with curls.


5. Once, at bandcamp... no really, once on a company retreat, I nearly witnessed a homicide in the Truckee river. By homicide I mean my co-worker brandished and swung an oar at another unsuspecting co-worker... Her cigarette had fallen in the water, can you really blame her?


6. I love black eyeliner. I've been using the same brand for about six years. I tend to be a loyal customer when I find something I like.


Um, OK, since I don't have six bloggers to tag, I'm going to tag one (although he may not even see it, haha)


Yo!Cam!


BTW, the two movies I bought today? "Control" and "Depeche Mode 101"

YAY!

FYI 101 is a great flick to put on while crafting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your friend Mariam's wedding sounds like its going to be awesome.