Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nice Cup 'O Joe

On one of my many adventures to the Quilted Angel, here in Petaluma, I picked up these great squares of fabric with coffee house designs. I decided, what better way to showcase the design than with a pillow!

I have had these plain green pillows on my bed for about two years now, and was getting sick of them. So I decided to take matters into my own hands:


Here is pillow pre-fabulous slipcover. Notice the beads on the edges. I had to cut them all off. I'm keeping the beads for a possible project down the line.


And presto! Instant cool! The back of the slipcover is a black and red polka dot.
I actually just added the buttons and buttonholes this past Saturday. It unfortunately took me quite a long time to figure out how to attach the buttonhole foot, as well as to figure out my stitch settings, so by the time I had sewn three buttonholes and buttons, I was grumpy and hungry. But the pillow came out great! I have another swatch of coffee fabric (slightly different pattern) that I plan on making another slipcover out of.

Sewing class starts next Monday, which I'm very excited for! I will be sure to bring my camera to class and snap some pics.


2 comments:

Rose said...

love the java cups...so cute and festive. I am liking the slip cover idea, because you can make gagillions and switch them out!

Yo!Cam! said...

The Pillow Covers are quite an artistic acheivement! You've taken the old and made it new. I can't wait for your next project!